Use Case 3: Large-scale Islanding Scenario Using Real-life Infrastructure
- Intentional islanding scenario of the Cyclades islands interconnection with the mainland, Greece, involving the Greek TSO (Independent Power Transmission Operator S.A. / IPTO) and the dominant energy producer in Greece (Public Power Corporation S.A. / PPC).
- A real-life and large-scale scenario involving the Lavrio power plant, the Lavrio substation, and three islands of Cyclades (Syros, Mykonos and Paros).
- Critical failures caused by cyberattacks or natural disasters will initiate the islanding and energy restoration processes of SDN-microSENSE.
- After the incident, SDN-microSENSE will employ the Islanding and Optimisation framework (IIM) to decide upon the optimal islanding scheme, and the Energy Restoration and Management Process framework (EMO) to balance energy and supply on the resulted islands.
- As a result, SDN-microSENSE will guarantee the availability of the electrical network and prevent a total blackout.
Read more about Use Case 3 in our blog post
Location: Lavrio, Attica, Greece